These Perilous Times
2 Timothy 3:1 KJV
“This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.”
The Cambridge Dictionary defines “perilous” as an adjective meaning extremely dangerous, hazardous, or full of risk.
Sounds like our world to me. How about you?
How do we navigate through these dangerous times? We abide in our Savior, Christ Jesus.
Someone once told me that the term “abide in Jesus” refers to maintaining a close, personal relationship with Him. It is characterized by faith, obedience, and connection.
This concept is beautifully illustrated in John 15:4-5, where Jesus says:
“Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.”
I thought this was a good opportunity to encourage each other to remain in Jesus—to stay and dwell in Him by trusting in Him, following His teachings, and allowing His presence to influence our lives.
In these perilous times, let’s keep our eyes on Jesus and abide in Him.