There are moral and spiritual parasites which throttle, kill, injure, or retard the growth of the spiritual life!
1. The parasite of sloth will hinder the grace of watchfulness--as it did the five virgins. Matthew 25:5
2. The parasite of worldliness will kill the grace of devotion--as it did in Demas. 2 Timothy
3. The parasite of pride will devastate the grace of humility--as it did with the Devil. 1 Timothy 3:6
4. The parasite of unbelief will keep down the grace of faith--as is seen in the children of Israel. Hebrews 3:17-19
5. The parasite of self-importance will kill the grace of self-denial--as is stated of Diotrephes. 3 John 9
6. The parasite of avarice will stifle the grace of reality--as is evidenced in Achan. Joshua
7. The parasite of covetousness will strangle the grace of generosity--as is manifest in Balaam. 2 Peter
Hi there and welcome to my radio broadcast blog. I'm glad you are here and hope you will find something useful.
I'm a 73 year old radio broadcaster who found great peace in his old age in the forgiveness that Jesus Christ offers to sinners. I enjoy reading my Bible and doing radio podcasts about things I have read. I also program 96.2 Follow Jesus Radio. The goal of each podcast is to encourage us all to have faith in Jesus Christ, God's Son, and to follow Him daily.
I encourage you to place your faith in Jesus Christ. Look unto Him alone for life and salvation. He took the punishment for all our sins and only He can make us acceptable before God. Then follow Him. His words will change your life.
Here is the latest from Follow Jesus Radio:
Listen to "Follow Jesus Radio" on Spreaker.
More devotional messages for you: