Christian - forgiven - grateful

Welcome. My name is Richard Templin Hancock and I’m here to encourage you to have faith in Jesus Christ and follow Him daily. I'm glad you're here—let's walk this path together.

Latest Blog Post:

The Joy Of Praising

The Joy Of Praising

Psalm 95:1–2 (BSB):

“Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout to the Rock of our salvation! Let us enter His presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to Him in song.”

As I was praising the Lord Jesus this morning, I couldn’t help but think about what a joy it is to praise the Lord.

I can praise Him out loud, under my breath, or even in my mind.

And we can praise God at all times.

Psalm 34:1–3:

“I will bless the LORD at all times; His praise will always be on my lips. My soul boasts in the LORD; let the oppressed hear and rejoice. Magnify the LORD with me; let us exalt His name together.”

It’s hard to stay angry with someone or hold a grudge when we are praising the Lord. It seems that God can wash those negative thoughts away as our minds become filled with praise.

Let’s encourage one another to praise the Lord today.

Hebrews 13:15:

“Through Jesus, therefore, let us continually offer to God a sacrifice of praise, the fruit of lips that confess His name.”