Christian - forgiven - grateful

Welcome. My name is Richard Templin Hancock and I’m here to encourage you to have faith in Jesus Christ and follow Him daily. I'm glad you're here—let's walk this path together.

Latest Blog Post:

Learning The Way Of God

Learning The Way Of God

Psalm 25:4-5 CSB

“Make your ways known to me, LORD; teach me your paths. Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are the God of my salvation; I wait for you all day long.”

As I reflected on this Bible passage, I was reminded that to know the ways of the LORD, I simply look to Jesus and His teachings in the Bible.

Jesus said in Matthew 11:27:

“All things have been entrusted to me by my Father. No one knows the Son except the Father, and no one knows the Father except the Son and anyone to whom the Son desires to reveal him.”

As I look to Jesus, I see my Heavenly Father. John 1:18 tells us:

“No one has ever seen God. The one and only Son, who is himself God and is at the Father's side—He has revealed Him.”

We can easily be led in many directions by many teachings and many personalities, but in doing so, we can miss Jesus and His Word. Jesus should be enough for us.

And remember what Jesus said in John 14:9:

“Jesus said to him, ‘Have I been among you all this time and you do not know me, Philip? The one who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, “Show us the Father”?’”

In John 8:31-32 we read:

“Then Jesus said to the Jews who had believed him, ‘If you continue in my word, you really are my disciples. You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.’”

Today, let’s not settle for anything less than our Lord Jesus. Let’s look to Him, learn His ways, follow His teachings, and remain in His Word.